CARDINAL MEAT SPECIALISTS IS A FAMILY-OWNED BUSINESS THAT HAS BEEN OPERATING FOR 50 YEARS, SPECIALIZING IN GROUND AND FULLY COOKED MEAT PRODUCTS. TENETS OF INNOVATION AND PARTNERSHIP WITH CUSTOMERS, HAVE LED TO NUMEROUS FIRSTS IN THE MEAT INDUSTRY IN THE AREAS OF FOOD SAFETY, FORMING AND TECHNOLOGY DESIGN IN THE NORTH AMERICAN MARKET. OUR FOCUS ON QUALITY PRODUCTS AND SERVICE HAS BEEN RECOGNIZED BY CANADA'S PREMIER RESTAURANTS, GROCERY AND RETAIL CHAINS, AND INDEPENDENT OPERATORS. CARDINAL MEATS IS TRULY DEDICATED TO PROVIDING A POSITIVE AND REWARDING WORK ENVIRONMENT FOR ITS EMPLOYEES WITH TRAINING, RECOGNITION, AND SPECIAL EVENTS.
Title: Vice President - Sales
Compensation: Based on Experience
Reports to: President & CEO
“Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.”
Cardinal Meat Specialists is a family-owned business that has been operating for over 50 years and has consistently strengthened their competitive edge through innovation.
Cardinal has innovated through a multi-faceted approach that leverages capital equipment, process, raw materials and ingredients to capitalize on consumer trends and help customers keep up with the changing landscape.
The world is changing with respect to the consumption of food. Consumers are demanding transparency, sustainability, value and safety.
By helping customers stay ahead of the curve in very competitive markets, Cardinal has been able to double in size over the last five years.
The next challenge remains to further educate foodservice, retail and industrial customers on the future demands of the consumer and how to serve them in a way that decreases capital investment and increases profitability.
The team at Cardinal is excited about leveraging their technology to help customers deliver value to consumers on a consistent and profitable basis.
The VP sales will be tasked with leveraging Cardinal’s technological strengths and a high performance team to help current and future customers understand how to meet consumer demands in the most profitable manner.
What You’ll Do:
The job of the VP sales will incorporate five elements:
1) Sales Strategy - What categories do we target? Where can we add the most value? Who can use our technology in a way that adds significant value?
2) Sales Tactics – How do we compete? What is the right approach for specific accounts we are targeting? Are we being consistent with our message and follow up?
3) Leading a High Performance Sales Team – Does the team have the right tools to compete? Does the team understand what to focus on? Do we have the right people focused on the right things to hit our target? How can we empower and develop our team further?
4) Customer Impact – Is our sales team collaborating and influencing decision making within our target customers? Do we focus on providing long-term value? Can we communicate in a way that helps our customers develop winning strategies for themselves?
5) Recruiting – We already have a team that has driven tremendous growth. How do we prepare for the future and ensure we grow our fantastic team in a way that takes everyone to the next level?
What You’ll Achieve:
- Maintain or increase the current growth rates of 20% YOY.
- Build sales in a way that leverages operational capabilities and seasonality.
What You Need to Know
- How to build a winning strategy and tactically execute the plan.
- How to leverage the key competitive strengths of Cardinal and communicate the story to the right customers.
- How to manage margins, contribution and growth in sales volume.
- A proven approach to leading, developing and growing a high performance team.
- How to deal with retail, foodservice, and industrial clients.
- The ability to manage a budget and expenses.
What You Need to Have
- Have experience dealing with foodservice chains.
- Experience dealing with retail and industrial accounts will be an asset.
- 10 years of sales leadership experience with accountability for organic growth.
- Strong relationship capabilities and collaborative skills.
- Demonstrated success in NA account sales via direct and broker-driven sales force.
- Confident, determined and diplomatic.
- Relevant post-secondary education in business/marketing.
- Multi-lingual would be a strong asset.
- The ability to have fun and bring energy to the team while accomplishing your goals and the goals of the organization.
Cardinal Meat Specialists has retained Justin Pintwala at CPG Executive Search to find their next VP Sales.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Justin@cpgexec.com.
Compensation: Based on Experience
Reports to: VP-Operations
Cardinal Meats Specialists Ltd. is seeking an experienced Director-Manufacturing for their manufacturing operations in Brampton and Mississauga.
Position Summary: Responsible for the manufacturing operations, ensuring quality throughput and cost savings while supporting and developing our people in Cardinal’s leading edge production facilities.
- Lead, develop and mentor direct reports to ensure a high performing Cardinal Manufacturing Team
- Plan, direct and coordinate the operations of leading edge production facilities and equipment at the Hedgedale and Stanfield locations
- Assist with development of people resources within operations to create bench strength for succession planning
- Lead process improvement practices to find areas for cost savings and increased efficiency across product lines, while ensuring achievement of quality standards
- Partner with Engineering to optimize equipment efficiency and to drive a successful operation at each facility
- Leading edge manufacturing facilities and equipment
- Scheduling through CSB (our ERP platform) to meet sales / customer requirements
- Capacity planning
- Review and maintain Position profiles and PMP management (Performance Management) for all reports
- Manage and execute the Budget and capital spend for operations
- Ensure all products are manufactured in accordance with Company specifications
- Ensure compliance with Company policies and related procedures within operations
- Seek Continuous improvement to all programs and procedures
- Ensure coverage for planned and unplanned absences which could compromise our policies, procedures and programs
- SQF, HACCP and Food Safety for Cardinal
- Champion Safety, Quality and Productivity (in this order)
- Act within the company philosophy
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with at least 5 years of manufacturing leadership experience in the protein industry
- Maintenance & capital projects experience
- Exposure to and use of management information tools (CSB)
- High energy and strong team orientation
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to hire, train and develop employees to grow within the organization
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
To apply please send detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.